Classic grocery-getter outlasts and outclasses skimpy plastic baggies.
Sometimes in the zero-waste world, we can’t help wondering why we ever stopped using a thing in the first palace? It’s especially baffling if the thing worked better, lasted longer, and cost less (far less in the long run) than the newer, jankier, more (far far more) wasteful thing. A perfect example is this cotton mesh produce bag. Remind us what was wrong with this? How a thin, skimpy, plastic baggie could be better? Made from 100% organic cotton, this slim bag expands to take home a haul of fruits and veggies. It’s easy to take care of; and over time, the more you use it, the more character and charm it’ll pick up. A true classic whose time has come once again.
• Sturdy old-school bag with solid cred in produce aisle and farmers market
• Drawstring cinches shut a full haul of fruits and veggies
• Mesh keeps bag fresh and moisture-free
• Made from 100% certified organic cotton sheeting, free of bleach and treatments
• Can carry up to 12–15 lbs
• Machine washable on cold setting; hang to dry
• Measurements are 7.5” L x 5.5” W x 1.5” H
• Recyclable as a textile at the end of its lifespan
• A sustainable alternative to thin plastic veggie bags, 700 of which a typical individual uses in a year