Next trip for peppers or pears, pass on the plastic.
Everybody knows those green plastic baggies in the produce aisle are ridiculously wasteful, but what are we supposed to do? Put our avocados straight into the grocery cart? Where a toddler’s bottom had probably been crammed 10 minutes earlier? No thanks! Instead, consider a third option: this reusable produce bag. It’s made from 100% organic cotton, so the more you use it, the softer and more charming it becomes. It’s easy to wash, and easy to stash at the bottom of bigger grocery tote bags, so it’s ready for when it’s time to roam the produce aisle.
• Classic cotton bag draws knowing nods of approval in the produce aisle
• Drawstring cinches shut a full haul of fruits and veggies
• Made from 100% certified organic cotton sheeting, free of bleach and treatments
• Manufactured with fair wage, fair labor, and SA 8000 standards for environmental and social responsibility
• Machine washable on cold setting; hang to dry
• Measurements are 7” L x 5” W x 5” H
• Recyclable as a textile at the end of its lifespan
• A sustainable alternative to thin plastic veggie bags, 700 of which a typical individual uses in a year