Classic cool and plastic free, just like grandpa’s razor.
The key phrase for this steel safety razor set by Albatross is “take back.” Because it has two meanings. One is very literal. When you’re done using razor blades (this starter set comes with 10), Albatross will take them back. It’s an upcycling process that begins by melting used blades into molten steel, working in some new steel, then making an entirely new item (their first Take Back Program product was a cutlery set). The second meaning of take back is more nostalgic. When you handle the heft of this steel butterfly razor handle, it’s hard not to feel romantic for a bygone ear, for a time before the proliferation of plastic products. But with this Albatross razor set, that feeling isn’t fleeting, as this product and the Take Back Program behind it are a commitment to a future that's plastic-free.
• A beautiful, timeless, plastic-free tool that delivers close shaves for men and women
• Includes 10 free blades, plus an envelope to return used ones for upcycling
• Butterfly mechanism secures double-edge blades with a simple twist at the bottom of the handle
• Satisfying heft and a high-polish finish that’s a joy to handle and behold
• Made from stainless steel, polished to resist rust and corrosion
• After each use rinse razor free of all soap and hair; shake to dry
• Measurements are 5.5” L x 4” W x 0.5” H
• Arrives in a reusable hemp bag
• Return used blades for upcycling in the Albatross Blade Take Back Program
• A sustainable alternative to disposable plastic razors, 40–50 of which a typical individual throws away in a year, which is over 2,400 in a lifetime